The Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is responsible for the administration, management and implementation of a campus-wide program to support diversity. Acts knowledgeably and expertly within required federal, state, and university laws, regulations, procedures, and policies related to the management of the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Works with leaders across the organization to embed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into all employee and student touch-points, acting as the subject matter expert on DEI, and being accountable for the evolution of DEI implementation. Communicates sensitively, concisely, and eloquently the university’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Shows a deep awareness and understanding of the national trends and issues currently impacting higher education. Promotes a cooperative work environment within the Division and a collaborative relationship with all constituencies on campus, faculty, staff, and students and with the wider community. Reports to the University President and serves as a member of the President’s Executive Cabinet.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Actively participates with the President and CFO in assessing future resource allocations necessary to achieve diversity goals. Work to achieve cross-unit objectives in support of institutional efforts. Identify short and long-term organizational needs.
Makes recommendations in the context of diversity efforts. Strategically plan and focus on division/departmental goals and overall mission of the university. Analyze problems or procedures, anticipate outcomes, evaluate alternatives, and selects best course of action efficiently, effectively, and sensitively
Works collaboratively with existing offices as well as internal and external constituencies to infuse diversity goals into every aspect of the university. Assists the Vice President of Enrollment Management in recruiting efforts for students from diverse populations. Assists the Vice President of Academic Affairs with recruiting efforts for faculty from diverse populations. Assists the Assistant Vice President of Employee Services with recruiting efforts for staff from diverse populations. Oversees services for students with disabilities and provides regular reports on progress toward reaching diversity goals.
- A Doctorate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education;
- Five or more years’ experience in administration and program-building;
- Visionary leadership and proven management skills necessary to enhance diversity and inclusion in a scholarly setting;
- A record of unifying leaders from varied institutional and community sectors in the establishment and support of a diverse and inclusive culture;
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. A demonstrated record of leadership, scholarship and experience in promoting and achieving diversity and equity in a complex environment.
- Five years’ experience in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of higher education, the State of Texas Higher Education, and Tarleton State University and appreciation for its mission, vision and core values.
The Search Committee invites nominations, applications (a letter of interest, resume/CV, and the names and contact information of five or more references) or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting the University. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. It is preferred, however, that all nominations and applications be submitted to the search firm by July 15, 2021
Porsha Williams, Vice President
Erin Raines, Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2875
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: 770-804-1996 x109 or x117
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com