About the Position
The Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs reports directly to the President and serves as chief academic officer for TSU. The Provost is responsible for the academic integrity of the university and fostering an environment that supports the institution’s mission, vision, and values and oversees the creation, implementation, and advancement of the university’s mission.
The Provost will be a true partner and serve as a strong leader and change agent who can motivate diverse stakeholders across the institution in achieving its academic objectives. The successful candidate will posses an earned doctorate or other terminal degree from an accredited institution, as well as a distinguished record of scholarship and teaching meriting appointment at the rank of professor with tenure.
- An ability to build a shared vision that promotes academic excellence through inspirational leadership and exceptional management skills;
- Provides leadership in all areas relating to academic affairs;
- An ability to cultivate a community of learning energized by collaborative work among students, faculty, staff and external partners;
- An understanding of current and emerging issues in higher education;
- An appreciation of, and commitment to, shared governance, including open and transparent communication;
- Provides leadership for curricular development and transformation in partnership with the faculty;
- Experience in working collegially with diverse internal and external constituencies;
- Demonstrated commitment to nurture an environment that values and manifests diversity, equity, internationalization, free expression, academic freedom, personal integrity, mutual respect and inclusive excellence at all levels;
- Leads the continuous alignment between academic affairs and student life and enrollment for effective and efficient student recruitment and enrollment management;
- Possess a strong commitment to student success.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Significant academic leadership experience at the level of academic dean or higher;
- Strong commitment to undergraduate and graduate teaching excellence, faculty research and creative activities, the teacher-scholar model, and engaged scholarship;
- Experience recruiting, retaining, and developing a distinguished faculty;
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing the educational opportunities of students, including international experiences;
- Leadership experience in institutional strategic planning, making strategic decisions, and leading others toward strategic decisions;
- Experience managing a complex budget, integrating budget decisions and strategic planning, and ensuring institutional efficiency;
- Familiarity with emerging issues and trends in higher education, e.g., shifting demographics, funding model changes;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including a sense of humor.
APPLICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS
The Search Committee invites nominations, applications (letter of interest, resume/CV, and the names and contact information of five or more references), or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting the University. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. It is preferred, however, that all nominations and applications be submitted to the search firm by February 1, 2022. The leadership profile can be found here: https://issuu.com/erainespes/docs/tarleton.provost.profile_final
Laurie C. Wilder, President
Porsha L. Williams, Vice President
Parker Executive Search
5 Concourse Parkway, Suite 2875
Atlanta, Georgia 30328
770-804-1996 ext. 109 or 117