Middle Georgia State University (MGA) invites nominations and applications for the next Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM). The Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM) is a member of the President’s Cabinet and reports directly to the President. The VPEM works effectively with all members of the President’s Cabinet to advance Middle Georgia State University’s mission to achieve institutional, operational, and strategic goals. The VPEM further provides leadership, supervision and guidance to the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management, and the Directors of the offices of: Admissions and Orientation, Financial Aid, Strategic Partnerships and the Registrar. The VPEM oversees the management of the Peyton T. Anderson Enrollment Center providing concierge services to incoming and prospective students.
Middle Georgia State University educates and graduates inspired, lifelong learners whose scholarship and careers enhance the region through professional leadership, innovative partnerships, and community engagement.
About the Position
The VPEM provides strategic direction and leadership for the Division of Enrollment Management and will be responsible for the development of university-wide short-term and long-term enrollment strategies to meet or exceed enrollment goals. The VPEM will analyze and evaluate annual strategic and targeted enrollment needs including new pathways for student enrollment, develop graduate, online, non-traditional and diverse student recruitment and retention strategies to further enrollment goals and monitor the overall enrollment patterns and trends to develop strategies to improve and enhance the recruitment, enrollment and retention of students.
Other responsibilities include:
- Partnering with the Marketing and Communications Office to ensure an annual regional, national and international marketing and communication plan to support the university’s recruitment efforts;
- Supervises the offices of Admissions & Orientation, Registrar, Financial Aid, and Strategic Partnerships;
- Drives improvement and quality initiatives within the Office of Financial Aid in support of Enrollment Management, with a focus on data integrity, customer satisfaction, and efficient processing as it relates to federal, state and institutional financial aid;
- Collaborates with other Divisions and Departments on enrollment and retention initiatives;
- Works closely with the Vice President for Student Affairs & the Provost and Vice President Academic Affairs in the coordination of student success initiatives and enrollment growth;
- Works closely with the Office of Institutional Research to analyze student data to promote institutional effectiveness;
- Establish, implement and monitor program evaluation systems for all programs and services within the area of responsibility;
- Represents MGA at events and facilitates meetings to support university partnerships.
The successful candidate will have a master’s degree, doctoral degree preferred. The VPEM should have seven to 10 years of experience in an enrollment management position and three to five year’s experience in a leadership role. Other preferred qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge of the student life cycle including recruitment, enrollment and retention;
- Proven success building enrollment through data-informed strategic enrollment planning;
- Experience in implementing a Strategic Enrollment Plan at the university-wide level;
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating and communicating with faculty, student life, and student services staff, colleagues, and administrators;
- Demonstrated knowledge of national, state and regional student demographics and enrollment trends;
- Strong fiscal acumen and ability to navigate change amongst shifting financial landscapes;
- Ability to market an institution to achieve superior levels of enrollment performance;
- Enhanced communication skills to articulate a vision effectively to all constituencies;
- Knowledge of technology required for enrollment management functions;
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The Search Committee invites nominations, applications (a letter of interest, resume/CV, and the names and contact information of five or more references) or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting the University. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. It is preferred, however, that all nominations and applications be submitted to the search firm by January 10, 2022. For additional information, please contact:
Porsha L. Williams, Vice President
Erin Raines, Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2875
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: 770-804-1996 x109 or x117
email@example.com || firstname.lastname@example.org