The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) Department of Medicine seeks outstanding candidates for the position of Chief of the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine (PCCM). This individual will oversee Critical Care services at the Methodist University Hospital, the premier UTHSC-affiliated teaching hospital, in addition to serving as academic leader of the overall operations of the PCCM Division at UTHSC. The UTHSC PCCM Division currently has 12 ABIM-certified faculty members. We are seeking excellent clinician and investigator to serve as the academic leader of the PCCM Division.
The desirable candidate should demonstrate leadership capability, possess organizational skills, and have a track record of accomplishments in biomedical research focusing on basic, clinical or translational science. The candidate should exhibit emotional intelligence and be capable of working collaboratively within a complex healthcare system.
The Chief reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Medicine and is responsible for the oversight and direction of the Division of PCCM. Additionally, the Chief will:
- Lead Critical Care programs at Methodist University Hospital
- Maximize excellence in the teaching, clinical and research missions
- Play a key role in the expansion of the division
- Develop innovative intra- and interdepartmental basic, clinical and/or translational research collaborations.
The Chief is required to possess an M.D. degree (or equivalent) and board certification in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. Applicants must be eligible to be licensed to practice medicine in the State of Tennessee and should have a demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of equal opportunity employment, affirmative action, and diversity and inclusion. In addition, it is preferred that the Chief possesses:
- Experience in building clinical programs/services
- An established academic career in basic, clinical or translational research
- Experience in graduate medical education
- Familiarity with quality and process improvement
- Academic credentials commensurate with appointment at the rank of associate or full professor
The Search Committee invites nominations, applications (letter of interest, comprehensive curriculum vitae, and names of at least five references) to be submitted to the search firm assisting UTHSC. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. The Search Committee prefers that all nominations and applications be submitted to the search firm prior to March 30, 2018.
Jacob C. Anderson, Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30328
(770) 804-1996 x 111
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/ Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. Applicants should have a demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of equal.