It is an exciting time for the Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech) and we are seeking a bold and dynamic Dean to lead the College of Engineering, Technology, and Management (ETM). The Dean will join a leadership team with newly appointed President and Provost to enact a bold strategic vision for growth and development.
Oregon Tech is one of the top western US public regional universities and is consistently ranked among top undergraduate engineering programs by US News & World Report. Oregon Tech offers innovative and rigorous degrees – both on-campus and online – at the undergraduate and graduate levels and a rapidly growing applied research portfolio through its two colleges – the College of Health, Arts, and Sciences, and the College of Engineering, Technology, and Management.
The Dean of ETM reports to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs and provides entrepreneurial and engaged leadership while working closely with the faculty, staff, students, and other key internal and external stakeholders. It is expected the Dean will elevate the level of excellence of Oregon Tech’s renowned high quality, hands-on profession-oriented education, nurturing our students to be career-ready professionals.
Responsible for providing college-wide vision and leadership, the Dean of ETM oversees six academic departments – civil, computer systems, electrical/renewable energy, geomatics, management, and mechanical/manufacturing – on the Klamath Falls, Portland Metro, Seattle, and online campuses. The College of ETM is home to nearly 1,600 students, with room for significant growth in undergraduate and graduate programs. The Dean will be located at the Klamath Falls campus.
Candidates for the position of Dean of ETM should demonstrate a strong commitment to:
- Supporting student and graduate success
- Inspiring faculty professional development including participation in external, sponsored activities (applied/basic research, etc.)
- Recruiting and retaining high-quality students, faculty, and staff
- Promoting academic and professional excellence in both traditional and online learning environments
- Participating in the development and implementation of a strategic plan for the College and the University
- Advancing, managing, and developing ETM programs with a focus on program growth and viability
- Leading accreditation efforts
- Developing strong industry and alumni relations
- In collaboration with University Development, fostering friends of the College and seeking fundraising opportunities
- Budgeting, planning, and fiscal management to achieve enrollment targets and revenue goals
- Developing and implementing a department chair and/or faculty mentoring program
- Enhancing the diversity among faculty, staff, and students
- Working collaboratively with faculty and the Provost in an environment of shared governance
It is required that the Dean possesses an earned doctoral degree in a field represented by one of the departments in the College. In addition, it is preferred that the Dean has:
- Academic experience that merits tenure within an ETM department at the rank of full professor
- A proven track record of successful academic leadership working effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and staff and at least three years of management experience
- Industry experience with broad knowledge of the engineering, technology, and management landscape
- Proven experience in fiscal planning and budgeting
The Search Committee invites nominations, applications (letter of interest, comprehensive curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least five references), or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting Oregon Tech. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. The Search Committee prefers that all nominations and applications be submitted to the search firm prior to February 2, 2018.
Laurie C. Wilder, President
Porsha L. Williams, Vice President
Jacob C. Anderson, Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30328
(770) 804-1996 x 111
Oregon Tech is committed to diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff and students. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status.