The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia and the Presidential Search and Screen Committee invite letters of nomination and applications for the position of President of Kennesaw State University (KSU).
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. The university’s alumni network is over 110,000 strong with recognized leaders in a diverse range of career fields. A Carnegie-designated doctoral institution, it is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country.
KSU Mission Statement
Kennesaw State University offers high quality and productive undergraduate, graduate, continuing education, and co-curricular programs. These include learning opportunities in architecture, the arts, business, computing, education, engineering and engineering technology, health and human services, honors experiences, humanities and social sciences, interdisciplinary studies, leadership development, the natural and physical sciences, study abroad, and other related disciplines. The University’s research, scholarship, creative activities, and public service initiatives expand and apply knowledge, contribute to economic development, and improve the quality of life in local communities, Georgia, the nation, and the world.
The KSU community values open, honest, and thoughtful intellectual inquiry, innovative and creative problem solving, professionalism, expertise, collaboration, integrity and ethical behavior, engaged citizenship, global understanding, sustainability, mutual respect, and appreciation of human and cultural diversity. The University community strives continually to enhance student success, improve institutional quality, and respond to public demand for higher education.
KSU Vision Statement
Kennesaw State University will be a world-class comprehensive university recognized for its excellence in education, discovery, innovation, technology, and community engagement at all levels from local to global. The KSU experience will empower the members and graduates of the university community to have the vision, ability, and courage to transform the future.
The University System of Georgia
Kennesaw State University is a part of the University System of Georgia (USG), which is composed of 26 higher education institutions, including four research universities, four comprehensive universities, 10 state universities, and 10 state colleges, the Georgia Public Library Service, and the Georgia Archives.
The President is the executive head of the institution. Reporting to the Chancellor of the University System of Georgia, the President furthers the mission of the University and exercises broad responsibility for the academic, student, financial, philanthropic, and all other dimensions of the institution to promote its development, effectiveness, and efficiency. The President will be a dynamic leader and passionate advocate for the university. The President must have:
- An earned doctorate or other appropriate terminal degree; Teaching experience at a university preferred;
- A proven record in student success;
- The experience, integrity, and leadership skills, to engage the entire campus community in maintaining the highest standards of academic excellence with a demonstrated focus and success on employee engagement;
- The ability to develop and strengthen community and alumni relations, by recognizing the integral role of the community in the University’s success;
- A recognition of the importance of private fundraising to the long-term financial stability of the University and an understanding of development mission and practices, with a demonstrated ability to obtain resources from both public and private sources;
- The ability to interact successfully with internal and external constituencies for the purpose of building partnerships and enhancing infrastructure;
- A strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, shared governance, and multiculturalism, with a proven track record of developing and implementing programs that support an inclusive climate that stimulates excellence;
- The commitment, entrepreneurial skills and ability to foster growth of the academic enterprise, expanding research opportunities, ensuring quality and competitiveness, as well as its contribution to economic development;
- Demonstrated competencies in strategic planning and management, contemporary administrative and organizational concepts and practices, academic shared governance, and progressive experience leading a successful, complex institution;
- Evidence of successful advocacy for higher education and an institution’s particular interests among state and federal legislators;
- The ability to maintain and strengthen relations with other members of the University System of Georgia including other presidents, the Chancellor, and Board of Regents;
- Strong fiscal skills, with a record of budgeting to support strategic objectives, and knowledge of the best practices in managing university finances;
- And excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate and build consensus across multiple constituencies.
Applications and Nominations
The Search Committee invites applicants to submit the letters of nomination, applications (letter of interest, C.V. (including academic experience and university leadership experience), and contact information for at least five professional references or expressions of interest to the search firm assisting the University. We will begin review of materials immediately - Please submit all nominations and applications to:
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, political views, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.