Kennesaw State University, founded in 1963, is a highly innovative institution with a history of tremendous growth and a trajectory for continued excellence in the future. Since its inception, KSU has strengthened into the third largest institution in the University System of Georgia and will welcome more than 35,000 students into 150- graduate and undergraduate programs this academic year. Designated as a comprehensive university, KSU operates campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, and combines a suburban setting within the dynamic environment of the Metro-Atlanta region, home to the headquarters and staff of 15 Fortune 500 companies. To build upon this growth, Kennesaw State seeks an exceptional individual to help develop and execute strategies that will position the university as a world-class academic institution poised to broaden and expand its mission on a regional, national and international level.
The Assistant Vice President, Campus Services, will provide leadership to multiple student/customer focused departments, including Bookstore, Card Services, Dining Services, Parking and Transportation, Print Shop, Mailroom, Housing and Residence Life. The AVP will be responsible for ensuring quality, increased efficiency, containing or reducing costs and increasing value for students/customers. He/she will collaborate with faculty and administrative leaders to support university strategic priorities and create an environment, which supports student success. The AVP will also work with university departments to create business plans that ensure financial stability, while considering capital and operational needs. The division employs over 450 full and part time employees and has annual revenues of $90M. The position will regularly interact with students, parents, senior leaders and executives, faculty, the Board of Regents and vendors.
- Responsible for strategy and long term planning for department.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve university objectives for products and services.
- Works with leaders to solve problems at both operational and strategic level with internal department leaders as well as leaders across campus.
- Develops and administers department budgets in assigned areas of responsibility; approves expenditures; reviews financial statements, manages financial operations and implements and allocates resources following budget approval. Reviews monthly financial reports and monitors revenue fluctuations.
- Plan and direct operations for campus services, managing through subordinate leaders.
- Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Sets customer response service levels and measures progress against SLAs; creates action plans and performance improvement plans to address gaps.
- Establishes goals for department and sub-departments. Evaluates performance and provides feedback to leaders on progress towards departmental goals.
- Work with University leadership to address campus issues and priorities.
- Work closely with KSU vendors to ensure they meet the required standards of service and follow procurement guidelines in sourcing vendors.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, and/or other related groups to communicate information regarding programs, information resources, services, and/or other pertinent information as appropriate. Cultivates and manages relationships with key stakeholders.
It is required that the Assistant Vice President for Campus Services holds a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field. In addition, it is preferred this individual possesses:
- 10 years’ experience managing a diverse portfolio of higher education revenue producing departments;
- A master’s degree in finance, business management, or related field;
- Experience in the AVP’s area of responsibility including Housing and Residence Life, Dining Services, Bookstore, Card Services, Parking and Transportation, Print Shop, and/or Mailroom on a complex residential University campus;
- A breadth and depth of understanding of the finances surrounding campus services;
- The ability to communicate amongst diverse constituents;
- Vision and understanding of the future of campus services;
- Demonstrated experience with processes and protocols surrounding areas of the AVP’s oversight;
- Familiarity with a multiple campus environment;
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment; and
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
The Search Committee invites letters of nomination, applications (with a letter of interest, a complete CV, and a list of at least five references), to be submitted to the search firm assisting Kennesaw State University. Review of materials will begin immediately, and continue until an appointment is made. Please submit nominations and applications by June 1, 2019. Applications received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring authority. Background checks will be conducted prior to taking the position.
Porsha L. Williams, Vice President
Jacob C. Anderson, Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2900
Atlanta GA, 30328
(770) 804-1996 x 111
email@example.com || firstname.lastname@example.org
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.