The Animal and Veterinary Sciences Department within the College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Sciences at Clemson University invites applications for the position of Professor and Department Chair.
This leadership role will provide vision and leadership to facilitate and strengthen the teaching, research and extension mission. The department seeks to advance animal agriculture for the betterment of society through science-based learning, outreach and research and desires to be the preeminent animal and veterinary science program in the Southeast recognized for the positive impact on society by the students, research and outreach. The department serves over 500 students annually and offers Bachelor of Science degrees in the following concentrations: Pre-veterinary and Science, Animal Agribusiness and Equine Business. Graduate degree programs offered by Animal and Veterinary Sciences include Ph.D., M.S. thesis and M.S. non-thesis.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department Chair will be an innovative individual with vision and strong leadership skills who is committed to establishing collaborative relationships; maintaining and advancing strong teaching, research and outreach programs; recruiting and evaluating faculty and staff; and engaging with external partners and stakeholders. It is required that the successful candidate will have a PhD in animal science or a related field and will possess the appropriate qualifications to obtain the rank of tenured, full professor within the university.
Other Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Strong administrative, interpersonal, communication, personnel management and consensus building skills;
- Strong knowledge, insight, and appreciation of the mission of a land-grant university with the ability to lead and manage a multidisciplinary academic department engaged in teaching, research, and extension pursuits with faculty on and off campus;
- A strong commitment to undergraduate and graduate education with an emphasis on excellence in teaching, research and scholarship;
- Ability to garner and continue external support for the department through fundraising;
- An effective collaborator who can connect with multiple constituencies and enable partnerships with government agencies, stakeholders and commodity groups;
- Commitment and vision to align the departmental strategic plan, goals and efforts with the goals and priorities of the Clemson Forward Plan;
- A commitment and strategy to integrate diversity into the Animal and Veterinary Sciences Department and represented programs and curricula;
- Capability to identify, recruit and retain strong faculty;
- Ability to advocate for and connect the Department with areas of opportunity within the College;
- A commitment to student success.
Applicants should submit the following: a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and contact information for five references by February 25, 2019 via the following link: https://apply.interfolio.com/59040 . The review process will continue until the position is filled. Please direct any questions regarding the position to the search firm assisting the University.
Porsha L. Williams, Vice President
Erin Raines, Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2900 | Atlanta, GA 30328
email@example.com || firstname.lastname@example.org
(770) 804-1996 x 117
Clemson University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information or protected activity (e.g., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in any complaint process, etc.) in employment, educational programs and activities, admissions and financial aid. This includes a prohibition against sexual harassment and sexual violence as mandated by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.